Arabic Salad / Jerusalem Salad
Known by many names, this simple chopped vegetable salad accompanies almost any Mediterranean meal.
Servings: 6 people
For the Salad:
- 8 Persian cucumbers, finely chopped (or 1 large English cucumber, inner seeds removed)
- 20 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp coarsely chopped parsley
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp good olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp za'atar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
Finely chop all of your vegetables and leave in a sieve / colander over a bowl in your fridge (uncovered is fine for a few hours) to drain.
Before serving dress with olive oil, lemon, za'atar, sumac (if using), salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve immediately.