This Middle Eastern salad features toasted pita, lettuce, and vegetables with a bright lemon and olive oil dressing.
Servings: 4 people
For the Salad:
- 1 head butter or romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2-4 Persian cucumbers, sliced or 1 English cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- large handful cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- small bunch radishes, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of parsley, coarsely chopped
- small handful of mint leaves, torn
- 10-12 pita chips, broken into smaller pieces (see recipe below)
- small handful pomegranate arils, for garnish (optional)
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup good extra virgin olive oil (60ml)
- 1 lemon juiced (about 3 Tbsp)
- ½ lemon zested
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (or grape molasses, or silan, or honey)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1 tsp ground sumac plus more, for topping the salad
Mix all salad vegetables together, leaving bread and pomegranate arils aside.
Mix all dressing ingredients together thoroughly, and set aside until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, mix dressing and vegetables together, coating lightly. You may have extra dressing, which you can serve on the side. Top with pita chips, pomegranate arils, and sprinkle with extra sumac.