Salatet Malfouf (Lebanese White Cabbage Salad)
This healthy alternative to coleslaw features cabbage and vegetables dressed with fresh lemon, olive oil, mint, and za'atar.
Servings: 8 people
For the Salad:
- ½ large head of cabbage, finely sliced (around 450g)
- 6 small radishes, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 Persian cucumbers, finely sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 stems fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon, or more - to taste
- 1 Tbsp za'atar
- 2 tsp honey, or agave
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp toum (or 1 clove garlic, crushed)
Slice all vegetables and place in a bowl.
Mix together dressing ingredients in a clean, empty jar. Shake until well-combined. Taste to ensure seasoning is balanced. Dress salad before eating, as salad will get soggy as it sits.